I was once a manager myself, so I know the challenge of getting the best from my team members – using their time well, keeping them motivated, and developing new skills.
And I also know the pressures on your time,now you have more responsibilities.
It doesn’t matter how good you are at doing stuff. Once you become a manager or supervisor, you need to be able to delegate.
And that’s what you’ll learn by the end of this course.
You'll be able to delegate with the confidence that the task is under control.
What you'll get:
- You’ll get 18 lecture modules and 7 assignments, going deep into the craft of delegation
- So you’ll be able to delegate precisely and with confidence that the work will be done…And done well
A lot of your learning will come from exercises.
- They are short 'thinking' exercises, that will help you find a lot of the answers for yourself
- I will brief you by video on each exercise
- Then I'll debrief you in a second video lecture. In that, I'll share the best answers I have to each of the questions I set you
This course has five sections:
In the Introductory section,
- We’ll talk about what delegation is?
- How to avoid reverse delegation, where you end up doing the work your team are supposed to be doing for you
A lot of new managers, supervisors, team leaders, and project managers find it hard to delegate. They give all sorts of reasons why they don’t do it.
In section 2,
- We’ll look at those excuses, and why they are bogus
Delegation is a powerful organizational tool. But only when used for the right reasons.
In section 3,
- We’ll look at, the positive reasons to delegate
- The reasons you should never use for delegation
- The tasks that you should keep to yourself, and not delegate at all
In Section 4,
- The main part of this course. You’ll learn the five-step process for delegating effectively, and we’ll tear down each step to understand how it works
In section 5,
- We’ll wrap it all up
If this sounds like you, and if you are ready to start succeeding as a leader, enroll now by clicking the button. I look forward to working with you.
Prior Experience The only prior experience you need is working life. But, if you have management, supervisory, or team leading experience, you'll find it even easier!
Your Tutor is Dr. Mike Clayton. As a senior project, program and change manager at international consulting firm, Deloitte, Mike led large and complex change projects for his clients.
Now, as a trainer and facilitator, he has been applying what he learned and teaching it to others. This course represents 15 years' experience of what tools students find most helpful, and 25 years experience in business, managing change, large and small.
And What if you have questions? I will be on hand to answer your questions if you get stuck, puzzled, or just want to know more. As a professional trainer, this is what I do, and I promise to respond within 24 hours of your question arriving with me from Simpliv.
Enroll Now for this course, so you can start to regain control of your life straight away.
Who this course is for:
- You are a new manager, supervisor or team leader or you hope to be
- You have some experience, but need a refresher on delegating
- If you hope to succeed in management and want to make a rapid start
- ...and if you are unlikely to get all the support and advice that you want from your colleagues and your organization
- You need no prior knowledge to take this course
- But, some experience of working life will put this course into context
- Quite simply,you will be able to delegate with confidence
- You'll understand the blockers to delegation and be able to overcome them
- You'll know the delegation process and be comfortable applying each step
- You'll get more from your team - so, they will be more productive
- You'll get more time for yourself - so, you'll be more productive too
- Your team will be more resilient and better able to cope when you're away
- Your team will be better motivated
- And you'll prepare them for promotion
- Which will make you more promotable too!