Change is an inevitable part of organizational life
And if you have any leadership role, you'll soon be called upon to help lead it.
But, we often fear change. This leads to resistance.
So, managing and leading change is a challenging role. It will take you outside of your comfort zone and beyond your existing management and supervision tool-set.
But change is predictable
You can anticipate how people will respond, and what you need to do to engage them positively. You can plan, prepare, and handle the resistance that will certainly come.
To do that, you need practical tools and models
And this course will give you them.
More than that, you'll learn:
- How the need for change arises,
- How to communicate it, and
- The way to lead people through it
Here are the main topics you'll cover:
- The Cycle of Change
- Barriers to Change
- The first reason why people resist change
- Tools for change leaders
- Stakeholder analysis
- How people respond to change: the change curve
- The impact of change on operational performance: the Satir Curve
- The three phases of a change program: the Lewin Model
- The Onion Model of resistance to change
- How to win over resisters
Ongoing Project: Change Management Case Study
Throughout the course, you will have short exercises to do, that use the skills we'll cover. They are based on a real organizational change project. Other students and your tutor will support you, endorse your successes, and help you with your questions.
The only prior experience you need is working life. But, if you have management or project management experience, you'll find it even easier!
Your tutor is Dr. Mike Clayton. As a senior project, program and change manager at international consulting firm, Deloitte, Mike led large and complex change projects for his clients.
Now, as a trainer and facilitator, he has been applying what he learned and teaching it to others. This course represents 15 years' experience of what tools students find most helpful, and 25 years experience in business, managing change, large and small.
And What if you have questions?
I will be on hand to answer your questions if you get stuck, puzzled, or just want to know more. As a professional trainer, this is what I do, and I promise to respond within 24 hours of your question arriving with me from Simpliv.
Enroll for this course now, so you can start to regain control of your life straight away.
Who is the target audience?
- Supervisors, Managers and leaders at all levels, who need to lead change in their organization
- Team members who are experiencing change and want to understand what's going on
- You should have some experience of organizational life
- Experience in management and leadership - at a supervisory level or higher - will be a great help
- Experience of project working will be a great help
- Convince people about the need for change
- Evaluate how people feel about the changes
- Paint a compelling picture of the future
- Anticipate how people will respond to change
- Anticipate the impact of change on operational performance
- Plan effective project communications
- Handle resistance to change effectively, to win over resisters
Great introduction to Change Management, thanks!