The hardest thing about copywriting isn't knowing HOW to write. It's knowing WHAT to write. Your challenge as a copywriter isn't your ability to write compelling copy. It's your ability to discover insights into what you are selling and who you are selling to. The best copywriters are the ones who ask the best questions.
I'm your instructor, Alan Sharpe. I got started as a copywriter in 1989. In the years since then, I've worked as a freelancer and as an in-house copywriter at an ad agency. I have written in all of the channels—offline, online, outdoor, mobile and broadcast. I have written print ads, radio commercials, email sales letters, banner ads, brochures, slogans and plenty more. I got married, bought a house, and raised two kids on my copywriting salary alone. I have been teaching copywriting since 1995. I teach copywriting to over twelve thousand students from one hundred and thirty-eight countries. I am one of the top-rated instructors in the copywriting.
Why take this course
This course answers the two biggest questions that beginning copywriters have. Number one, what is copywriting, exactly? And number two, how do I discover what I should write about?
At the end of this course, you will know what is expected of you as a copywriter. And you'll know the questions you need to ask before you start any copywriting assignment.
This course is divided into two sections. Section one defines copywriting, describes the major types of copywriting, and discusses specialized types of copywriting. It then introduces you to the two main audiences who will read your copy, and describes the types of writing that some people mistake for copywriting. Section one ends with a handy glossary of common copywriting and marketing terms that you need to know before you offer your services as a copywriter.
Section two goes into great detail about the seven questions you must ask before you can write great copy. We'll cover what you are selling, where you are selling, who you are selling to, why they should buy, who your competition is, the most important thing to say in your copy, and what you want prospects to do after reading your copy. Section two ends with a lesson on how to research a product or a service so that you can sell it with effective copy.
This course is filled with practical, step-by-step advice, tools, tips and tricks that I've learned over the years as a professional copywriter. I use dozens of examples from the real world of copywriting to help you understand what copywriting is, and how to get started on any copywriting assignment.
I designed this course for writers who want to write compelling advertising copy, but don't know where to start. If the thought of having to write one thousand words of promotional copy each day before lunch time fills you with dread, then this course is for you.
Learn more about the course by reviewing the course description and course outline below. Watch the free preview lessons. Read the reviews from my satisfied students. Then enroll today.
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring copywriters, with zero experience at the craft, who want to learn a step-by-step method, taught by a veteran copywriter, for writing effective copy
- Fluency in reading and writing English
- Ability to use a computer
- Define what copywriting is
- Describe the five main channels for copywriting
- Explain the types of copywriting that require specialized skill
- Understand the two main audiences for copywriting, and how they differ
- Describe what copywriting is not
- Understand the terms, jargon and buzzwords that every new copywriter must know
- Discover what you are selling
- Learn where you are selling (channel) and when (in the sales cycle)
- Uncover vital facts and insights into your target audience
- Discover why people buy (and don't buy) what you are promoting, so you can use this information to your advantage
- Understand the five types of competition you must overcome with your copy
- Focus your copy on one unique selling proposition
- Research any product or service to uncover its unique selling features and benefits
Very useful introductory information.
8$ 9.99 $ 49.99