Introduction to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
In this course we look at what is PTSD?, the causes of PTSD, the treatments for PTSD, How we can support the client with PTSD in a professional and effective manner, Psychotherapy and pharmaceutical treatments for PTSD, evidence about the likely prognosis of PTSD, Who is likely to get PTSD and why. It is a largely lecture based, with presentations by myself Kevin O'Doherty, together with lots of narrated PowerPoint slides. There are also resources for your use.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners and Intermediate
- An interest in the area of PTSD and/or mental health generally
- What is PTSD?
- How is PTSD diagnosed?
- What are the symptoms of PTSD?
- Who is likely to get PTSD?
- Why do some people (who have experienced trauma) develop PTSD and others do not?
- Overview of treatments for PTSD
- Prescribed medicines often used for PTSD
- Trauma focused therapy for PTSD
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for CBT
Trauma Focused Therapy
Evidence Based Psychotherapy for PTSD
It should be pointed out that I am not qualified to prescribe or recommend any particular treatments for PTSD, but in this lecture we begin to look at some of the commonly used medicines for treating PTSD. Please recommend the client talks to his/her family medical practitioner for advice on medicines.