Emotional Intelligence for Leadership
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
You will learn a practical yet truly transformational model of leadership based on decades of experience and a unique blend of theories: Emotional Intelligence (EQ), Family Systems theory, Dr. John Wallen's interpersonal communication model, Dr. Daryl Conner's change management theory, and others. The course is an engaging blend of videos and quizzes. You will be able to immediately apply your learning to having the effect you want at work and in your personal relationships.
Boost your EQ and Leadership Quickly Using:
- Dr. Edwin Freidman's Self-Differentiated Leadership
- Dr. John Wallen's Interpersonal Gap and Four Behavioral skills
- The implications of neuroscience for EQ
- Goal Alignment and other practical Organization Development methods
You must be the change you want to see in the world
Those are Gandhi's words, and he knew what he was talking about. To transform your organization you must first start with yourself. People respond to leaders who have the humility to work on themselves throughout their lives, and if you sincerely do so with quality guidance you will enhance your strengths and smooth your edges. There are many places to start, such as working on a balance of taking clear concise stands with tuning in and effectively connecting with others. By doing so you will more effectively get business results.
There are many additional benefits to increasing your emotional intelligence. Dr. Daniel Goleman has documented a long list, ranging from increased earnings, to satisfaction in personal life, to effectiveness in job performance. You can take a step down that same path through the information and advice offered in this course.
Contents and Overview
This course is challenging but relatively quick, containing 10 lectures and approximately 100 minutes of video content. There are short quizzes after each segment to drive learning home. It's designed for anyone, regardless of experience level, who is in or wishes to be in a leadership position in an organization, with the added benefit of skills that also apply to improving personal relationships.
Who is the target audience?
- Best suited for people who are in, or who are aspiring to, a leadership position
- No pre-work required
- Apply the principles of Emotionally Intelligent Leadership to create high performance in your organization
- Understand and apply the Three Core Elements of Self-Differentiated Leadership
- Understand and apply the Five Characteristics of Chronically Anxious Systems
- Understand and apply the Three Core Skills of Emotional Intelligence
- Understand and apply Neuroscience and its implications for EQ
- Understand and apply The Interpersonal Gap
- Understand and apply Dr. John Wallens Four Interpersonal Skills
- Understand and apply the RPC three layer model of Goals
- Understand and apply the Decision Styles model of Tannenbaum & Schmidt
- Learn strategies for applying Emotionally Intelligent Leadership to Employee Engagement
This lecture covers Dr. Freidman's 5 Characteristics of Chronically Anxious Systems...a practical model for understanding the role of leadership in any system.
Review of the Five Characteristics of Chronically Anxious Systems
A core emotional intelligence concept by Dr. Murray Bowen
A review of the core concepts of Self-Differentiation
Dr. Bowen's theory of self-differentiation applied to leadership
This lecture covers there core skills of emotional intelligence.
Test of EQ material in Lecture 6
Students will learn about the implications of neuroscience for understanding and improving their own emotional intelligence.
Why it is important to understand your own fight or flight behavioral tendencies
Structures of the brain related to EQ
Students will learn the transformational interpersonal communication model of Dr. John Wallen.
The Interpersonal Gap
The first of Dr. John Wallen's behavioral skills
The second of Dr. John Wallen's behavioral skills
Excercise F-1: Feeling Description
The third of Dr. John Wallen's four behavioral skills
The fourth of Dr. John Wallen's behavioral skills
Dr. Wallen's Skills
This lecture covers the concepts of building alignment through role and goal clarity. Students will learn Robert P Crosby's Rainbow Model of Goals.
The Three Layer Goal Model
Students will learn a practical adaptation of Tannenbaum and Schmidt's decisions making styles.
Decision Making Styles - Quiz
Summary of how to apply the leanings from this course and how to continue learning.