People Psychology: A Short Guide to Understanding People
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Can you imagine a life without people?
Wherever we are, people play an extremely important part of our life.
This course will teach you in a few simple lectures how you can use psychology to understand the people in your everyday life better.
Learn about our personality, psychological needs, attitudes, and our psychological problems and how you can use this to understand people better.
What you will learn in this course
- Discover what personality actually is
- Learn how to correctly use personality to understand the people around you
- The five personality traits we all ought to know
- The four psychological needs that drive most of our decisions and behavior
- The truth about attitudes and how they secretly influence our behavior
- Understand people with psychological disorders and what can help them
In short, you will learn the essential concepts psychologists use to understand people and how to apply them in your everyday life.
One of the most enjoyable things when I studied Psychology was applying the knowledge to my everyday life together with my fellow students.
Soon we were talking in our own language: about how that guy is totally self-enhancing, how this guy is using personality wrongly, or that teacher is implicitly biased towards women without noticing it.
We realized that we were starting to understand the people around us more deeply and that made our lives a lot richer.
In this course, I want to share this experience with you in a few short lectures that get straight to the important points.
This course is about understanding the people around you in ways you couldn’t before, seeing things that you didn’t see before, and discovering the things that are really driving them.
So go ahead and enroll so that you can experience it yourself.
Let me add that I want you to be 100% happy with this course.
So why not try it out?
Once you enroll you can start with any lecture and see for yourself what it has in store for you.
And you can ask me any psychology question you have.
Who this course is for:
- Everybody who wants to understand other people better
- People who are interested in psychology
- People who are interested in personality
- People who are interested in the psychological causes of prejudice and psychological disorders
- Interest in (people) psychology
- Understand people with psychological precision
- Know common mistakes people make when trying to understand people
- Predict people's behavior more accurately
- Know the psychological drivers of our behavior
- Understand why there is so much prejudice in this world
- Understand common psychological disorders
What is personality? And what is the logic behind using personality to understand people?
What are problems with thinking in terms of personalities and how should we use it in our everyday life? Discover why psychologists once considered abandoning the concept of personalities altogether and what we can learn from this.
What are the main personality traits? Which personality traits would you want to pick to get a relatively complete description of a person's personalty?
Get a professional assessment of your own personality through a short online questionnaire.
Which psychological needs are driving us in our everyday life?
Is there a hierarchy of needs in which some needs have higher priority than others? Or do different needs drive us at different moments?
Test your knowledge - Quiz
A few closing words.
When we see a person's face, we immediately get the impression that that person is either trustworthy or untrustworthy.
But are these automatic impressions correct?
And how can we improve them further?