iOS Push Notifications: Beginner to Advanced
This course will take you on a deep dive into push notifications. So many courses teach the bare bones minimum - but there is so much more to know in order to build systems that are actually useful, effective, and that can reach users in the right way.
What You Will Learn
- You'll start by learning the easiest form of notifications - Local Notifications. These type of notifications don't require a server, and are a quick way to reach users and deliver messages and content.
- After that, you will learn how to work with iOS's native CloudKit. Not only will you learn how to build out a robust push notification system, but you take advantage of some amazing CloudKit APIs and work with both silent & visible notifications.
- After CloudKit, you'll learn how to work with Firebase Cloud Messaging. Firebase is a powerful suite of tools that helps you build robust, scalable, mobile applications. You'll learn how to work with CloudFunctions and how to send both local and remote notifications for both iOS & Android.
- Then you'll learn AWS. AWS can be super confusing. We break it down super simple and help you build a push notification system on top of AWS that can scale to millions of users.
- Lastly, we'll jump on the hot new Vapor tool. Vapor lets you write server-side applications all in Swift. You'll build your OWN server to deliver push notifications - and you'll do it all in Swift. So not only are you learning push, but full stack application development!
The Course Breakdown:
- Local notifications
- Basic deep linking
- Silent & visible notifications
- Firebase Cloud Messaging
- Firebase Cloud Functions
- AWS Push notifications
- Server side Swift development w/ Vapor
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone who wants a better way to reach users in their iOS apps, should take this course. The course is designed to help you build robust push systems that can engage users and provide value to your customers.
- This course assumes knowledge of Swift and goes far deeper into push notifications than any basic videos or tutorials you may have taken.
Don't forget, we offer a free Chat Community on our website where you can interact with over 10,000 other students and developers to network and get help.
Who is the target audience?
- Jr to Advanced iOS developers
- Anyone who wants to master Push Notifications
- Anyone who wants to use AWS, Firebase, CloudKit, or Vapor for Push
- Requires computer running macOS
- Should have basic knowledge of Swift
- Implement Local Notifications on iOS
- Implement push notifications with CloudKit & iCloud
- Implement push notifications with AWS
- Implement push notifications with Firebase
- Build custom server in Swift with Vapor
- Implement push notifications with Vapor