This course is for Cisco's newest certification, the CCNA R/S 200-125, that became effective on August 21st, 2016.
Laz is notorious for his nonchalant and unconventional way of teaching, and has quickly become an authority when it comes to the CCNA certification. Not to mention his achievement in being instrumental in getting his students certified.
This is his latest course for the CCNA R/S and has everything one needs to prepare for the 200-125 certification exam.
The course was produced in a very effective manner where the student would feel as if they are in a classroom setting and the instructor is speaking directly to them.
In Laz's style of teaching, the course is very laid back to make the topics covered more digestible and easier for anyone to understand.
Whether you are a novice or just need a refresher, this course has everything you need to prepare & pass the 200-125 certification.
Students will acquire the knowledge and practice labs in this course to make it transferable to real world use, as a Cisco and/or IT Professional.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the simulators/emulators used in this course are not part of the course. It is the students responsibility to have these to practice with. The Cisco Packet Tracer & VIRAL (Virtual Internet Routing Lab) are Cisco proprietary software and can only be obtained through Cisco. But students have more options that those. They can create their own lab with real equipment, get BOSON or GNS3. It is up to each student to obtain the simulator/emulator of their choice to study along with this course. Please also NOTE: .pkt files are not up-loadable to this site.
This means you would have to replicate the labs here in order to practice and follow along.
This course will give students an in-depth understanding of networking, using routers and switches and their various configurations and connections. Students will learn how to configure; default, static and dynamic routing. Students will comprehend how to manipulate each of the routing protocols attributes to meet the requirements of the network.
This course will also prepare the student in Layer 2 technology and its various configurations, such as; VLAN’s, VTP, STP, PortFast, EtherChannel, Port-Security, Inter-VLAN communication & Trunking; plus the newest requirements needed for the CCNA (200-125) certification exam as well.
Students will also acquire the knowledge needed to secure their routers through the use of Access-list, configuring the different types of NAT & will be able to manage the router’s components.
Students will also be able to thoroughly grasp the concepts of both Internet Protocols; IPv4 & IPv6
Please keep in mind that Laz has his own book called "The Only IP Book You Will Ever Need!" that will further help those that need a more in-depth understanding of IPv4 & IPv6.
Also covered in this course is Wide Area Network Protocols like HDLC, PPP. Frame Relay, HSRP, BGP, MPLS, NHRP, MGRE among other things.
Students will also learn how to create redundancy in their networks through the use of Redundancy Protocols such as HSRP which is just as important. Also, within the WAN, the student will also learn how to create VPN’s and GRE Tunnels among other things that are crucial in passing the new CCNA.
Who is the target audience?
- This course was prepared for those that need to pass the CCNA R/S 200-125 certification exam
- Students that are currently in College or University for Networking of Computer Science degrees
- Anyone that wants to advance their career into Networking
- Employees that need to get the CCNA R/S certification to maintain their relevance in their job
- Those taking this course should have a basic knowledge of Networking
- Students should have a CCNA R/S study guide book to go along with the course since it will reiterate what is being taught in the course
- The course uses a combination of simulators like the Cisco Packet Tracer, GNS3 & VIRL to show different topologies and drive the information in a visual manner
- The simulators used are not provided as part of the course
- It is the students' responsibility to acquire their own simulator and or live equipment to replicate the topologies shown in this course
- Anyone that has a passion for Networking, whether for a certification or not, must take this course
- Books used in this course: CCNA R/S by Cisco Press, Sybex CCNA book by Todd Lammle & The Only IP Book You Will Ever Need!, by Lazaro J. Diaz
- Once you complete this course, you will be prepared and ready to pass Cisco's new CCNA R/S 200-125 certification exam.
- If you need to be knowledgeable in Networking, than this is the course for you!