Manage your infrastructure, simplify your IT administration, and build advanced, practical concepts with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
If you’re a systems administrator or a Windows administrator hands on SCCM 2016, this Learning Path is for you. Even if you do not have any prior knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager, do not worry. This Learning Path will address your need.
System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr) is a flagship systems management product from Microsoft that provides a comprehensive management solution for computer systems. It enhances administrative tasks such as keeping your software and security policies up-to-date, managing PCs and servers, and monitoring systems for your organization.
SCCM: Building Concepts with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is Packt’s Video Learning Path that is a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
This Learning Path will get you started with this powerful solution and eventually enable you to effectively manage your resources. We'll teach you how to install and configure ConfigMgr, manage your devices, deploy operating systems in the enterprise, and deploy and manage applications.
Then, you will learn to secure SCCM by configuring public key infrastructure, validating HTTPS mode, and configuring site roles to support HTTPS. Finally, you will learn to manage your Mac OS X using Configuration Manager, where you will be taught how to enroll your Mac device, deploy applications and settings, and explore different third-party applications.
By the end of this course you will be well versed with the various advanced, yet real-world scenarios that you may come across using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
The goal of this course is to help you manage your professional systems efficiently by exploring SCCM.
This Learning Path is authored by some of the best in the field.
- Gerry Hampson is an author, blogger and speaker. He is a senior consultant engineer with over twenty years of experience as an IT professional. He has worked for Ergo Group, based in Dublin, Ireland, for 12 years. Gerry specializes in designing and deploying Microsoft solutions, with a particular interest in System Center Configuration Manager and Intune. He was awarded Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in Enterprise Client Management for 2015.
- Peter Daalmans is a technical consultant and Enterprise Mobility Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) with a speciality in System Center Configuration Manager, Enterprise Mobility (Microsoft EMS) and Exchange Server.
- No prior knowledge of SCCM 2016 is required
- You need to have prior knowledge of system administration
- Learn Configuration Manager site planning and network design
- How to install and upgrade Configuration Manager
- Learn to use the Configuration Manager console
- How to create and manage collections
- Getting started with hardware and software inventory.
- Look into advanced application deployment and troubleshooting using SCCM
- Secure Microsoft SCCM by configuring public key infrastructure prerequisites
- Deploy applications and settings for your device using various third-party options