Secure your network with ease by leveraging this step-by-step tutorial on the powerful Wireshark 2
Wireshark is a widely used open source tool to profile and monitor network traffic and analyze packets. It basically lets you control, capture, and dynamically browse the traffic running on the organization's network. This video will teach you about the new Wireshark 2, with enhanced features to help you protect your organization in a better way.
We'll start with brushing up on the various network protocols, OSI layers, and the role of Wireshark. We'll show you the importance of analyzing the network, as if ignored, this can lead to a catastrophe. Then we introducing you to Wireshark 2 and demonstrate its installation and configuration.
The major update in Wireshark 2 was in the interface, so we will expose you to the rich new user interface and show you how it's better than the previous version. Moving ahead, we'll focus on Wireshark's core functionalities such as Packet Analysis, IP filtering, and Protocol filters. You'll see how Wireshark 2 can be used to secure your network. Finally, we'll focus on Packet Analysis for security tasks, command-line utilities, and tools that manage trace files.
About The Author
- Alex Kuzmenko, the author of this course, has more than 16 years of engineering hands-on experience in Telecom field. He has used Wireshark for mobile network integration, testing, and troubleshooting for more than 5 years in his job in Ericsson, North America. He also had 6 years of technical training experience preparing and conducting courses related to mobile packet networks in Europe and Asia.
- This step-by-step learning tutorial on Wireshark 2 that starts with the importance of network analysis and follows by enlightening you about this great open source network security tool
- You do not need any previous knowledge about Wireshark
- See the ways to capture and import information in Wireshark
- Appreciate how complex your network might be and what we can do with Wireshark so you don’t miss capturing a single packet
- Get an in-depth look at protocols and the protocol stack way of presenting in Wireshark
- Customize Wireshark to maximize visibility to major parts of your traces
- Filter information to squeeze captured/pre-captured data to only significant packets to be seen and not to be flooded with unnecessary/irrelevant information
- Set up advanced protocols to provide maximum Wireshark decoding power
- Get to know better ways to visualize data in Wireshark by displaying network node names instead of transport layer addresses
- Get to know the common ways of using Wireshark to troubleshoot/track down the source of your network issues
- Save time by knowing how to use Wireshark in the most effective way!
110$ 9.99 $ 49.99
176$ 9.99 $ 49.99
55$ 9.99 $ 49.99
28$ 9.99 $ 49.99