This course is over 10 hours in length and will cover everything from connecting to a router, configuring administrative tasks on the router, learning the routers internal components such as RAM, ROM, NVRAM and FLASH; learning how to manipulate the Registers on the router, backing up configurations, using the CDP protocol, and all aspects of Static, Default and Dynamic routing.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the simulators/emulators used in this course are not part of the course. It is the students responsibility to have these to practice with. The Cisco Packet Tracer and/or VIRAL (Virtual Internet Routing Lab) are Cisco proprietary software and can only be obtained through Cisco. It is up to each student to obtain the simulator/emulator of their choice to study along with this course.
Students will get a thorough understanding of how the routing process actually works and they will also learn how to configure all internetworking components using the Cisco Packet Tracer (link attached for download), look for it under external .
Students will also be configuring RIPv2, EIGRP and OSPF and understand how to manipulate each routing protocols attributes to meet the requirements of the network.
This is a lecture based course using the Touch-IT Technology Smart board, which will make learning very interactive and engaging
Hands on labs will be used to drill down the concepts learned in each lecture using the Cisco's Packet Tracer.
My method will make you feel like you are sitting in a classroom environment and give you the most needed hands on experience!
Handouts will be available to facilitate learning and practice.
This course is designed to help the student become comfortable with the routing concepts and router administration…but it will also help in preparing them for any networking certification or Computer Science Degree; not to mention the fact, that for those already in the field, it will further
improve routing decisions in their particular networks.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is intended for anyone that is preparing for a network certification or Computer Science Degree. However, it does go beyond that, it is also intended for those Networking and/or IT Professionals that are already in the field and need a better understanding of routing
- A good understanding of networks
- The Cisco Packet Tracer or similar simulator
- A desire to absorb the information to be able to apply it in a test environment or in a real world scenario
- Once you finish my course, you will have a strong grasp on the concepts of which routing method to use in different networking environments. You will be able to configure any of the routing methods discussed and tweak each protocols attributes to make routing more efficient. You will learn how combine the two methods of routing to create backup routes if needed. You will also gain the knowledge on how to do administrative task on the router
- The understanding of routing is an essential element for any Networking and/or IT Professional. This course will prepare the student for any networking certification such as N+, CCNA, MCSE to include any Computer Science Degree
- Routing is an essential part of any network in order to communicate and transmit information. Mastering this knowledge will make the student, the Networking and/or IT Professional a much more valuable asset in any Network or IT environment
107$ 9.99 $ 49.99
170$ 9.99 $ 49.99
50$ 9.99 $ 49.99
26$ 9.99 $ 49.99