Learn the Netapp ONTAP Basics in 3 hours.
In this training you will be introduced to the NetApp ONTAP environment. You will mainly work from the command-line. We will start from scratch and no ONTAP knowledge or experience is required. By the end of this training you will have a good understanding of the main functions and protocols and should be able to manage an ONTAP cluster, at a junior admin level to the least.
The training is constructed of two levels, the first level is absolutely basic. Once you are up to speed, we will enter level two and you will work with more advanced features of the topics that are selected for this training.
The main topics are: Disks and Aggregates, Volumes, Networking, and Protocols. These main topics are presented at the two different levels. Then there will be some additional topics like WAFL and snapshots.
Also, all the texts that are used in the presentation will be available as downloadable pdf files in the resource section of the course.
I have tried to limit every lecture to 10 minutes. Sometimes I went a little further, sometimes I ran a little short. But my intention is to keep it tight and neat.
I hope you will have a valuable experience.
And whenever you have questions or remarks, please contact me.
I have added a bonus module - Lecture 22 -in which I describe and demonstrate the setup of the Netapp Simulator in VirtualBox instead of in VMWare.
In the first module you will set it up in workstation or fusion...but if you like you can also set it up in VBOX.
- Basic knowledge of computing and networking
- Lecture 1. Introduction. (3:43)
- Lecture 2. Lab Setup. (12:10)
- Lecture 3. Clients. (3:40)
- Lecture 4. What is ONTAP? (4:45)
- Lecture 5. Physical Storage. ( 9:21)
- Lecture 6. Logical Storage. (8:21)
- Lecture 7. Networking. (10:40)
- Lecture 8. System Manager. (7:28)
- Lecture 9. Add Second Node. (10:20)
- Lecture 10. Protocol Types. (4:42)
- Lecture 11. Shells and Modes. (7:09)
- Lecture 12. Physical Storage part1. (9:59)
- Lecture 13. Physical Storage part2. (9:21)
- Lecture 14. Logical Storage part1. (6:14)
- Lecture 15. Logical Storage part2. (13:38)
- Lecture 16. Networking. (9:35)
- Lecture 17. Preparing Protocols. (8:18)
- Lecture 18. Setting up NFS. (10:07)
- Lecture 19. Setting up CIFS. (6:35)
- Lecture 20. Setting up iSCSI. (11:50)
- Lecture 21. WAFL and Snapshots. (13:43)
110$ 9.99 $ 49.99
176$ 9.99 $ 49.99
55$ 9.99 $ 49.99
28$ 9.99 $ 49.99