NetApp ONTAP Troubleshooting
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
In this training you will learn how to troubleshoot common problems in the Netapp ONTAP cluster environment.
You will get familiar with causes of problems and learn how to solve the problems and fix your cluster. This training is aimed at students who either have some-hands on experience or have followed the ONTAP cli administration training which can also be found here on Simpliv. This training is somewhat advanced, but if you are eager to learn, you will probably like this.
Table of Contents:
- Architecture and Concepts (22:01)
- Booting and Coredumps (10:50)
- Coredumps (5:07)
- Replicated Databases (16:04)
- Epsilon (10:56)
- Halting a node and Eligibility (6:31)
- Troubleshooting Volumes (5:55)
- Losing the rootvolume of an SVM (12:25)
- Losing vol0 (8:22)
- Losing vol0 (continued) (17:07)
- Networking (8:02)
- Failover Groups (6:25)
- Connectivity (4:40)
- Logfiles (10:54)
Who this course is for:
- ONTAP administrators or future ONTAP administrators
- You should have some ONTAP hands-on experience, or you should have attended an Administration training. When taking this training you will benefit more if you have a Netapp Ontap simulator running. In other words, it is time for a deeper dive
- Think about how ONTAP works and how you can fix things when ONTAP gets confused, or you
Where is the information about all resources stored and how does that work.
What can go wrong and how do you fix that.
What is the Epsilon, and when can the Epsilon cause problems.
What does Eligibility mean, and what is the purpose of disabling that sometimes.
Relationships between ipspaces and broadcast domains in regards to SVMs.
What can go wrong in setting up failover groups in regards to failover possibilities of LIFS.
Connecting to different subnets. How to deal with routing tables in the SVM.
From 0 to 1: Hive for Processing Big DataLoony Corn