Hello, and welcome to Violin Karate! If you've never played violin before but you'd like to learn, you're in the right place! This course will set you up well to continue your studies of classical violin, fiddle, pop, rock, jazz or any style of violin you'd like to play. With 16 lessons and example videos in this belt course, you can level up your violin skills in just a few, fun minutes a day!
In Blue Belt, you will learn how to play: Frere Jacques, Cripple Creek, This Old Man, The Ants Go Marching, and the Can-Can.
Acclaimed multi-style violin and fiddle teacher Caroline McCaskey has decades of experiences starting beginners of all ages in a fun and engaging way, and setting them up for success in a lifetime of music making. Her background and training in the Suzuki method, teaching students ages 2 to 85, means she knows what WORKS. Rather than inundate you with absolutely everything there is to know, Caroline shows you only what you need to get you up and running. Violin can be difficult - why make it confusing by showing you stuff you don't need? (Of course if you have questions, be sure to ask!)
**There are no filler lectures or boring exercises in this course - learn everything you need to know by playing songs!** If you look forward to practicing, you're more likely to do it!
This course is great if you:
- Have never played the violin before, and want to make sure you're getting the best possible start with a seasoned, certified, yet FUN teacher!
- Already play a little bit, and are looking for a bunch of fun songs to play that are appropriate for your level
- Have always wanted to play the violin, but decided lessons were too expensive. (Private lessons with Caroline or other experienced teachers are $80/hour or more - this course is a bargain!)
Disclaimer: please note, this course is not designed to teach you how to do karate with your instrument. (We do not condone violin violence.) The belt system is used here simply as a fun framework to measure all the progress you'll be making!
Let's start playing today! See you inside!
- It is recommended that you take Violin Karate 4: Green Belt or have equivalent knowledge before beginning this course
- You should have a violin, bow, shoulder rest and rosin before you begin
- In Blue Belt, you will learn how to play: Frere Jacques, Cripple Creek, This Old Man, The Ants Go Marching, and the Can-Can