Dutch is the official language of the Netherlands and Suriname, and is commonly used by millions in Belgium, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao. Many Dutch will appreciate it when you learn to speak their language, and when you make an attempt to communicate with them on their level.
The Netherlands and Belgium are huge trading partners for multiple businesses and are among the top economies in the world. Many Dutch travel and are savvy when it comes to cultural, financial, technical, and social developments. Learning to speak Dutch is a noble cause. You will find your confidence in yourself and your language skills grow as you become familiar with the details of this language.
Learn to tell time, to exchange money, understand basic sentences, read words and spell or pronounce them correctly, tell the doctor where it is hurting, or ask the waiter at the restaurant for a certain meal when you visit the Netherlands, Belgium, or Suriname. With these basics, you'll see how easy it is to recognize specific words and see where they come from and why they mean what they mean.
Don't wait and indulge in the interesting, fun knowledge of learning how to speak Dutch!
- Be able to read and speak English, and being open to learning a foreign language
- Speak, read, and write basic Dutch
- Pronounce Dutch words correctly
- Memorize words and phrases to get around in Dutch-speaking countries
- Be able to tell time, name numbers, or point out animals in Dutch
- Learn to distinguish regular and irregular verbs in Dutch and conjugate them
- Discover common everyday expressions in Dutch
- Point out body parts in Dutch
- Greet each other in Dutch
- Learn the days of the week and months of the year in Dutch
- Learn what family members are called in Dutch
- Tell apart the different foods in the Dutch language
- Encounter interesting anecdotes about the Dutch culture and language