Beginning Family Portrait Photography: Shoot Like A Pro
Setting Up Poses, Positions & Lighting for Indoors & Outdoors Photos. All Future Extra Lectures & Material Free, Always. Start Portrait Photography Now!
- Self-paced with Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Professional Family Portrait Photography with Posing Ideas
Go from boring snapshots to amazing family portraits. Your kids will LOVE to pose for you when they see your photos.
After taking my photography course, your kids and perhaps even their friends will be begging you to take their portraits too!
This course will show you how to use the available light, without special lighting set-ups, to take amazing portraits of your kids. Outdoors, you'll learn where to position your subject and yourself in relation to the sun for the best lighting. You'll also get tips on taking indoor portraits without using your flash.
You'll learn a basic formula for your camera settings that will help you take better portraits. You'll also get a general understanding of exposure and how aperture, shutter speed and ISO work together.
What you won't get is a lot of super technical stuff. This is a non-technical photography course designed to get you up and going quickly. It's created for parents and others who want to go beyond taking ordinary snapshots and learn how to take better portraits and family photos without a lot of equipment.
We've all taken those photos where the background looks great but your subject's face is so dark you can barely recognize them, or maybe you want to know how pros get the background to look all blurry in portraits. Many people are intimidated by using their DSLR or compact camera's manual settings and just don't know where to start. That Auto Mode is so tempting and easy. But getting out of the Auto Mode will open the door to more creative, professional looking photos of your kids.
BONUS: You can go a step further and watch over my shoulder as I import and edit photos in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. Lightroom is a popular, relatively inexpensive software program designed specifically for photographers. If you enjoy taking photos, you may want to consider this software. You can get a free trial at Adobe.
With my course you get:
- Unlimited lifetime course access at no extra cost
- All future additional lectures and supplementary material included for free, always
Your children are growing fast. You don't want another day to go by without capturing memorable photos of them, not just quick smartphone snapshots.
- A DSLR camera is recommended, but any point-and-shoot with the ability to adjust settings manually will work. Much of what is covered will apply to any camera, such as lighting and posing. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is helpful for editing your photos. You can download a free 30-day trial at Adobe
- How to position your subject indoors and outdoors for the best lighting
- Posing ideas for women, men, teens and younger children
- How to choose the right camera settings for more attractive, professional looking portraits
- The best types of lenses for portrait photography (for DSLR users)
- Background ideas
- How to edit your portraits in Adobe Lightroom