“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” - Ansel Adams
Anyone can learn to make incredible photographs!
Hey there, this is Jellis Vaes a professional travel and adventure photographer and I am excited to have you here! If you are looking to master your photography, then you have landed at the right place. Together you and I are going on an adventure into the world of photography. Along this fun filled and inspirational journey you will come to master your camera. As well as learning all the essentials we will also dive into various composition techniques, the process of work flow and touch upon the basics of post processing to make your photos really look incredible.
This course is cut right down to the real essentials - the nuts and bolts of what you need to take your photos, and photography, to the next level. Everything is explained in a simple one on one conversation, using examples of my own photos, as well as illustrations to make it all very clear and straightforward. If at any point you do feel you need a little extra help however, I am always here for you. We are in this together and I will do my absolute best to assist you with any questions you may have, and with the course in general.
Having said all that, I hope you are ready, as I’ve got my camera in hands already. So pick up yours, and let’s get started!
An honest review and rating is always appreciated and will help me to make any necessary improvements for the course, as well helping to get more people involved so they too can benefit from the beauty of photography. Many thanks!
You can browse the class attachments for the illustrations that I specifically made for this course. Use them to act as a reminder on certain aspects of using your camera and for your photography.
Please note, these illustrations are my creations and do belong to me, any further publishing without my permission is not allowed.
What knowledge & tools are required?
- Any DSLR or Mirrorless camera will do!
- A photo editing application such as Light room or Capture One. Both applications have a free 30 day trail
Who should take this course?
- Simple. Do you want to discover the art and philosophy of photography, and take your skills and techniques to the next level? If the answer to that is yes, then this course is for you
- You will walk away with a complete package of knowledge on all the basic understandings you need in photography
- Various composition techniques that will help you improve your photos dramatically
- An overview and explanation of what a good workflow in photography looks like
- The required skills on how to organize your photos better and more effectively, and how to post-process them into amazing looking images
- A deeper philosophy and understanding of photography
- A clear explanation of how the Exposure Triangle works, one of the most important fundamentals to understand in photography
So good 😘