Leverage the power of Functional Programming to write clean, composable, and elegant code with PHP.
Functional Programming offers a fundamental shift in the way you design your applications by focusing on the use and composition of pure functions to create programs that are robust, extensible, and easy to reason about. The traditional implementation of PHP codebase has been in the object-oriented paradigm. This course teaches you to think about coding problems in terms of the composition of pure functions.
The course starts by covering PHP7’s internal closure object, enabling you to write very powerful functions. This course will help you think about problem solutions from the perspective of combining pure code-like pieces of a puzzle. Then, it provides helpful techniques and insights such as lazy function evaluation and currying that facilitate composing functions together. Finally, the course finalizes with taking an imperative program, and using pure function composition and learning about a functional library called PRamda.
About the Author
- No previous experience with functional programming is needed
- Find out about PHP7’s internal closure object to write very powerful higher-order functions
- Explore the benefits of writing functionally versus other paradigms
- Get to know about the fundamental principles of functional programming applied to PHP
- See function evaluation strategies in-depth and simulate a lazy invocation
- Tackle real-world scenarios that involve impure operations such as data validation and error handling
- Learn about specific techniques such as currying and partial function application
- Get exposure to a completely functional PHP library called PRamda
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99