PHP Specialist (2017 Edition)
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
This completes it...
PHP is the stepping stone to your first professional development gigs
PHP is the most popular back end language on the web.
Companies like Facebook and Tumblr use PHP as their primary back end coding language. It's in universal demands, and, as a new developer you're expected to know you're way around the front end and the back end. That's where PHP comes in.
FACT: With PHP knowledge you'll be able to complete more advanced projects and be more employable.
People ask all the time: What's the best past to becoming a professional developer?
With PHP, developers:
- Create systems by which data can be stored and retrieved in a database
- Interact with eCommerce systems facilitating sales, credit card processing and shipping all over the world
- Create complex content and customer management systems customized for industry use.
- Create plugins and customizations for the most the most popular content management systems in the world-- Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla (all of which are written in PHP!)
Who is the target audience?
- New developers who want to add PHP to their tool aresneal
- Web Designers who want to start writing code
- Teachers and students
- Current developers who need to learn PHP
- Successful students in this course have a working knowledge of HTML
- Successful students in this course can work with web browsers to navigate the internet
- This course works on Mac or PC-- or even Linux with a few modifications
- Set up a PHP Web Server
- Integrate PHP with HTML code
- Call PHP Pages from HTML
- Use the echo() and print() functions
- Integrate HTML with echo() and print() functions
- Declare and use constants
- Declare and initialize PHP variables
- Understand the type of values held in PHP variables
- Use arithmetic operators to perform math functions
- Use comparison operators to make logical comparisons
- Understand basic if statments
- Create complex if statements which facilitate multiple outcomes
- Use the PHP switch statement
- Work with while loops.
- Identify when a do...while loop is appropriate and use it
- Code a for loop
- Create simple arrays
- Use a for...each statement to loop through an array
- Create associative arrays
- Understand and use multidimensional arrays
- Identify and use the superglobal arrays included in PHP
- Use string functions to manipulate strings
- Convert strings to arrays and vice-versa
- Use hashes and encryption to enhance application security
- Write simple functions
- Write functions that take arguments and return a value
- Read and write text files to the server
- Read, write and parse CSV files
- Set, read and delete cookies
- Create sessions
- Pass session variables between PHP pages
- Expire sessions as required
- Send plain text and HTML emails using PHP
- Use a database to create a complete CRUD app
- Store data in the database
- Retrieve data from the database
- Modify and delete database data
You'll write your first lines of PHP and display the result in the browser in this segment.
You'll learn how to set up your web browser for PHP development. Mark will even show you where to download a free server to use.
Learn how PHP and HTML work together in this video lecture.
Learn how to call PHP pages from HTML pages within your web application.
Learn the basics of Echo() and Print() to output text to the web browser.
You'll learn to use the echo and print statements with numbers and expressions.
Echo and Print with embedded HTML code to format content in the browser window.
Constants are containers for values that don't change over the course of program execution.
Learn how to declare and initialize variables in PHP. Unlike constants, the values of variables can change over the course of program execution.
Understand the types of values that can be held in PHP variables.
Learn how to use basic arithmetic operators like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
You'll compare values with comparison operators-- Equal to, Greater Than, Less Than, etc.
AND and OR are the logical operators in PHP. You'll learn how to use them in this section.
The if statement is the fundamental conditional syntax in PHP. You'll learn how to use them in this segment.
If... Else conditional deal with "either/or" logic within a program.
Else... If combinations deal with conditionals where there are many possible outcomes.
Switch statements are another structure that work with conditionals with many possible outcomes.
Learn how to create a simple Array in PHP.
Loop through an array with a for..each statement. This is the most convenient way to expose all the members of an array.
A more powerful form of an array. Associative arrays store key/value pairs instead of single list items within the array object.
Multidimensional arrays are, in reality, "arrays of arrays". They can be stored to store multidimensional data such as a checker board or grid.
Superglobal arrays have several uses in PHP. Learn about them in this section of the course.
Learn to use some common string manipulation functions.
Learn to use more common string manipulation functions.
Create an array from a string and a string from an array using these PHP string manipulation functions.
Often data needs to be encrypted as a program executes. You'll learn how in this section.
You'll learn how to write text files to the server in this section.
In this section, Mark will demonstrate how to read text files from the server.
You'll learn how to turn data in to a CSV (comma separated value) file in this section.
Reading CSV Files
You'll learn how to set up and connect to the external mySQL database
You'll create a simple database query and parse the results.
You'll learn how to insert data in to a mySQL database.
Mark will demonstrate how to edit existing database data.
You'll delete existing database data and complete the Stickie Notes application.