Test Reporting - Know-How & Templates for Test Managers
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Test is one of the key phases during the development of a new software. Project managers and stakeholders have a great interest in a current test status .
Take this course in order to learn how to create a fact-based test reporting - for test preparation, test execution and defect reporting. You will learn how to quickly identify typical issues in software testing using test reports and how to mitigate them.
Use the acquired knowledge and templates in order to achieve an on-time go-live of your software and to increase software quality!
Basic knowledge of test management: test preparation, test execution and defect management
- Explain the objectives of test reporting
- Create a test report for test preparation, test execution and defect management
- Analyse test reports and identify typical issues
Three simple tips
General Course Structure
Status & Forecast
It’s January 20th 2016. You’re the newly appointed test manager in a software development project. Three testers are supporting you executing the tests. Initial estimates have been around 45 minutes preparation time per testcase and approx. 750 test cases.
The project manager has asked you for a test preparation plan. He would like to know whether test preparation will be finished in sync with the planned end of development on February 22nd 2016.
- Use the attached Excel fil to create a test plan and answer the project manager’s question
- Think about the sheet “input factors” first; later “data”
- When will the test preparation be finished?
- In case it’s not finished on time – what will you need to change?
In case you have any questions, post them in the forum.
Test Execution - Plan
Test Execution - Status
Test Execution - Examples
Test Execution - Summary
Test Execution - Exercise 1
You’re the test manager in a software development project. The tests executed so far have been promising. The project sponsor would like to move the go-live forward to August 1st in order to demonstrate the software to key clients at a fair.
The project manager asks for your opinion, whether a go-live on August 1st seems reasonable
Use the attached Excel file to complete the test execution report
- CW20: 350 OK, 5 NOK
- CW21: 400 OK, 5 NOK
- CW22: 260 OK, 10 NOK
- CW23: -
- CW24: 40 retests OK
- CW25: 150 retests OK
Make yourself familiar with the test status. If needed and helpful, create a forecast.
- What is your opinion regarding the speed of test execution?
- What is your opinion regarding the software quality?
- What is your opinion regarding the speed and quality of defect resolution?
- Does a go-live on August 1st seem possible? Why?
In case you cannot complete the exercise, post your questions in the forum.
Defects - Plan & Status
Defects - Summary
Defects - Exercise 1
You’re the testmanager in a software development project. The first phase has been completed and you’re now in bug fixing mode.
The project manager approaches you asking whether you’re expecting any quality issues for a go-live on August 15th 2016.
- Use the attached Excel file to obtain an overview of the current defect situation
- What is your opinion on the number of identified defects?
- What is your view on defect resolution by the developers?
- What are possible reasons for the more-or-less same number of open defects in the last 3 weeks?
- What is your point of view on the current software quality based on the reporting?
- What is your forecast regarding the software quality at go-live? Why?
Tip: If you can’t complete the exercise, post your question in the forum.