Warm ups for performers and public speaking
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Hi there. I’m Marinda Botha
Thank you for considering taking this course.
If you regularly need to speak or teach in front of others, or you need to record videos where you yourself are on-camera, then this course is for you.
These series of exercises are geared towards warming up your body for performance, be it a public speaking event you need to do, a voice over gig, or performance on screen or stage.
I’m a trained actor and voice over artist. I’ve been in the industry for 16 years, having worked and trained in Europe and South Africa.
I am trained in stage and screen performance, voice overs, physical theatre, clowning and overall physical awareness of body alignment.
I am primarily a voice over artist and trainer, with clients from across the globe. I have a deep love for movement, understanding your body as a performer, looking after your health and utilizing this tool of yours, to the best of your ability.
We will look at Body alignment, Breath control, Articulation, Warming up the resonators and many more!
Who is the target audience?
- Students interested in public speaking or those wishing to improve their overall articulation or inability to speak clearly in front of others, are welcome to take this course.
- This 17 part course can be taken by complete beginners to advanced students.
- 10 -15 minutes of free time per day, to watch the lessons and then copy them.
- No prior physical ability is required. These exercises work well for all ages and body types. They are extremely safe (and effective!).
- A willingness to learn and improve. You only have one body. You need to take care of it.
- A room where you can practice. Perhaps a mirror to watch yourself in as you do the exercises (though not essential).
- Soft soled shoes, or as I prefer, go barefoot!
- 17 video lectures demonstrating step-by-step the physical and vocal exercises discussed
- 35 min of “talking-head” video content
- Tutoring from an artist who have made these exercises part of her life for 16 years!
- A healthy body, mind and voice, ready to take on any performance!
- Resources at the end of the course to many more warm up ideas
Warm up your feet
General Warm-Up Exercise sequence
Turning the Hum into Sound
Counting on one breath
The Face Stretch
The Tongue stretch
The Cork Exercise
The Tonal Sweep