This course provides a basic framework for the commercial real estate (CRE) investment process. You will learn about the use, benefits and detriments of financial leverage and summarize the risks inherent in CRE investment. The four primary property types including; office, retail, industrial and apartment and the types of leases on those properties are reviewed and analyzed. CRE investment returns are discussed and analyzed including the capitalization rate, band of investment return, internal rate of return and net present value.
If you would like Continuing Education Credit (e.g. CPE, CE, CPD, etc.) for this course, it is available if you take this course on the Illumeo dot com platform under course title: Introduction to Commercial Real Estate Investment. Illumeo is certified to provide CPE in over two dozen different professional certifications covering finance, accounting, treasury, internal audit, HR, and more. However, in order to receive CPE credit the courses must be taken on an ‘approved-by-the-governing-body’ CPE platform, and for over two dozen corporate professional certifications, that is the Illumeo platform. Go to Illumeo dot com to learn more.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Finance, Accounting, or related fields.
- Anyone interested in Real Estate or related fields.
- A basic overview of real estate and a basic understanding of finance and investments.
- Gain a basic understanding of the CRE investment process.
- Review and analyze the four primary property types; office, retail, industrial and apartment.
- Discuss the various types of leases on CRE properties.
- Calculate and analyze CRE investment returns using the capitalization rate, band of investment return, IRR and NPV.
- Discuss the use, benefits and detriment of financial leverage in CRE.
- Summarize the risks inherent in CRE investment.