There are six foundational doctrines to the Christian faith. Because they are foundational, every believer should have a clear understanding of each one of these doctrines, and live by them. Those who have a clear understanding of these doctrines and who also live by them, will have a sure foundation and they will not be deceived by any false teachings, that they may come across in their Christian walk. Of the six foundational doctrines, the two that were most commonly taught to the church by the apostle Paul, were repentance from dead works and faith towards God. The reason for that, was because these are the two doctrines that most influence the lives of believers. This course examines the doctrine of faith toward God.
This course is meant for all audiences. No previous theological study is required or expected, for it is meant to give a basic understanding of what the bible says about the subject of faith toward God.
Michael Maher will lecture from the bible, to walk the student through the subject of faith toward God, so that the saint can apply godly principles to their Christian walk in this area. Quizzes have been developed to help test comprehension of the video lectures.
This course focuses on explaining the biblical view of faith toward God. As a supplementary resource, this course can be taken in tandem with the reading of Michael Maher’s book, Faith Toward God.
I trust that the material and the dialogue with other students will be encouraging and enlightening for all.
- As a supplementary resource, students can obtain the book, Faith Toward God, by M.E.B. Maher (Amazon, 2017) ISBN: 978-1520596396. The book is available in print and digital formats
- This is an entry level course for anyone wishing to understand what the bible teaches about the subject of faith toward God
- This course is not for those who wish to enter into religious debates
- Have a clear understanding of what faith is
- Have a clear understanding of the different types of faith
- Have a clear understanding of how to apply faith in prayer
- Have a clear understanding of how to apply faith in daily living