There are six foundational doctrines to the Christian faith. Because they are foundational, every believer should have a clear understanding of each one of these doctrines, and live by them. Those who have a clear understanding of these doctrines and who also live by them, will have a sure foundation and they will not be deceived by any false teachings, that they may come across in their Christian walk. Of the six foundational doctrines, the two that were most commonly taught to the church by the apostle Paul, were repentance from dead works and faith towards God. The reason for that, was because these are the two doctrines that most influence the lives of believers. This course examines the doctrine of repentance from dead works.
This course is meant for all audiences. No previous theological study is required or expected, for it is meant to give a basic understanding of what the bible says about the subject of repentance from dead works.
Michael Maher will lecture from the bible, to walk the student through the subject of repentance from dead works, so that the saint can apply godly principles to their Christian walk in this area. Quizzes have been developed to help test comprehension of the video lectures.
This course focuses on explaining the biblical view of repentance from dead works. As a supplementary resource, this course can be taken in tandem with the reading of Michael Maher’s book, Repentance from Dead Works.
I trust that the material and the dialogue with other students will be encouraging and enlightening for all.
- As a supplementary resource, students can obtain the book, Repentance from Dead Works, by M.E.B. Maher (Amazon, 2017) ISBN: 978-1521011010. The book is available in print and digital formats
- This is an entry level course for anyone wishing to understand what the bible teaches about the subject of repentance from dead works
- This course is not for those who wish to enter into religious debates
- Have a clear understanding of how repentance forms part of our salvation
- Have a clear understanding of how we are cleansed from our sins
- Have a clear understanding of how believers can walk free from sin
- Have a clear understanding of grace