Mark 4:30-32 “Then He said, "To what shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what parable shall we picture it? (31) It is like a mustard seed which, when it is sown on the ground, is smaller than all the seeds on earth; (32) but when it is sown, it grows up and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out large branches, so that the birds of the air may nest under its shade.”
Our Lord Jesus, when He was on the earth, stated that the kingdom of God is within us. The parable that our Lord described above, is a picture of the kingdom of God that is in each believer. We are all born into the kingdom of God in seed form, for the Holy Spirit tells us that we have been born again of the incorruptible seed of the word of God. It is God’s intention, that all of His children grow from that small seed into large trees, that can be used of Him to bless the lives of those around them. It is the spirit of the born-again believer that can grow. This course examines what God’s word says, on the subject of growing strong in spirit.
This course is meant for all audiences. No previous theological study is required or expected, for it is meant to give a basic understanding of what the bible says about the subject of spiritual growth.
Michael Maher will lecture from the bible, to walk the student through the subject of spiritual growth, so that the saint can apply godly principles to their Christian walk in this area. Quizzes have been developed to help test comprehension of the video lectures.
This course focuses on explaining the biblical view of spiritual growth. As a supplementary resource, this course can be taken in tandem with the reading of Michael Maher’s book, Growing Strong in Spirit.
I trust that the material and the dialogue with other students will be encouraging and enlightening for all.
- As a supplementary resource, students can obtain the book, Growing Strong in Spirit, by M.E.B. Maher (Amazon, 2018) ISBN: 978-1983028168. The book is available in print and digital formats
- This is an entry level course for anyone wishing to understand what the bible teaches about spiritual growth
- This course is not for those who wish to enter into religious debates
- Have a clear understanding of what the characteristics are of baby Christians
- Have a clear understanding of what the characteristics are of mature believers
- Have a clear understanding of how to grow strong spiritually