There are six foundational doctrines to the Christian faith. Because they are foundational, every believer should have a clear understanding of each one of these doctrines, and live by them. Those who have a clear understanding of these doctrines and who also live by them, will have a sure foundation and they will not be deceived by any false teachings, that they may come across in their Christian walk. This course examines the fifth of the six doctrines, which is the doctrine of the resurrection of the dead. All of us will be caught up together to meet our Lord Jesus in the air. We will at that point, leave this world and step into eternity. When we leave this planet to be with the Lord, it will take the world completely by surprise. This course looks at the two resurrections, as taught in scripture. It also looks at the chronological sequence of events leading up to both resurrections, thus enabling the saints to be aware of the times that they live in. This course also looks at the subject of physical death, and what awaits the saints when they die.
This course is meant for all audiences. No previous theological study is required or expected, for it is meant to give a basic understanding of what the bible says about the subject of the doctrine of the resurrection of the dead.
Michael Maher will lecture from the bible, to walk the student through the subject of the resurrection of the dead, so that the saint can have a clear understanding of this doctrine in the Christian faith. Quizzes have been developed to help test comprehension of the video lectures.
I trust that the material and the dialogue with other students will be encouraging and enlightening for all.
- The resource required for this course is a bible
- This is an entry level course for anyone wishing to understand what the bible teaches about the subject of the resurrection of the dead
- This course is not for those who wish to enter into religious debates
- Have a clear understanding of the second coming of Christ
- Have a clear understanding of the first resurrection
- Have a clear understanding of the millennial reign of Christ
- Have a clear understanding of the second resurrection