0 Students Enrolled
Job’s story is one of the oldest in the Bible, and his time period may very well connect with the Table of Nations listed in Genesis 10.
Job was surrendered to God and His purposes, even though he didn’t understand why God was allowing all this suffering and disaster in his life. Job's wife, on the other hand, seemed to have lost all hope because of the circumstances that had befallen her family. Her perspective was limited to the "here and now.” She had no "eternal" perspective. Yet, God is calling us to have an eternal perspective.
Have you lost heart in some aspect of your life? In the end, Job still didn't understand why all these things had happened to him but he recognized something very important. The stream of God's purpose had coursed through his life. If God's purpose in your life includes suffering, it is an opportunity to see Him.
- If you are new to the Bible, or would like to have a more experiential approach to Bible study, this course is for you
- Though we seek to have good scholarship, this is not a primarily intellectual approach
- All you will need is access to a Bible, either hard copy, or online
- Reveal the timeless truths unfolding from the Bible’s pages
- Through a unique blend of Bible study, performance, Biblical scholarship, discussion and personal reflection, we aim to present relevant historical background, provide understanding, offer emotional connection, and encouragement to live out the timeless truths of scripture
- We've designed each character study to begin with historical background for the character, then a basic Bible study for you to do, so you can see for yourself what the text actually says
- Then we'll show you an artistic concept--a performance--of that character, along with life application questions
- The final piece is a lecture, wrapping up the study, and offering some thoughts on how to live out the wisdom you've gained
- Each segment of the study includes a 10 to 20 minute video, as well as some study sheets
- As you engage in each part of this study, we hope you will experience something fresh and new from the pages of this ancient, yet living, document, God's Word; as well as the enrichment of spiritual and emotional connection with God