In this course we tackle a topic that doesn’t factor into many senior financial leader’s agendas all that often or until something happens: fraud in the workplace.
Occupational fraud is a giant global industry. Organizations are losing an estimated 5% of revenues to employee fraud each year according to the experts at the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). Does that statistic shock you? Are you in disbelief that the number could be so high? In this course, we discuss how employees are doing it, how we can detect it, and most importantly, what can be done to prevent it in the first place.
Using the research of the ACFE to look at the fraud cases under investigation, we will reach a deeper understanding of this issue. You will be astounded, you may be surprised, but the goal of this course is to make you enlightened.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Risk Management
- Anyone interested Internal Auditing
- Anyone in Finance, Accounting, or related fields
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required, but previous business experience is helpful
- Recognize and describe various fraud schemes and their prevalence in organizations today
- Discuss the psychology of fraud including who commits fraud and why
- Describe the effectiveness of different anti-fraud controls
- Discuss best practices for fraud detection, investigation, and prevention