How To Get SEO Clients For Your Digital Marketing Agency
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
In this course you will discover various ways you can generate more SEO leads for your Digital Marketing Agency or business.
How this course is structured:
The course simply has modules dedicated to different types of lead generation tactics including:
- Emailing and Cold Calling
- Job Boards
- Social Media & More
- Various tools to assist with lead generation
Who is this course for?
- This course is designed for those that are looking to find more lead opportunities for their SEO business. This would include internet marketing entrepreneurs and digital marketing agencies.
- I recommend you pick just a few of the methods taught and focus on them
- I recommend learning about the basics of SEO if you are not already marketing SEO services
- Understand what tools they can use for sourcing SEO Leads
- Find ways of using LinkedIn and Facebook for leads
- Use Freelancing sites for generating leads
- Cold call and email clients for acquiring leads
In this video I explain what to expect out of this course. I will not be teaching you how to do SEO but specifically some great sources for finding clients for your existing business or your new business.
There are tons of resources out there for learning SEO, you can start out with some basics over on the Moz blog:
In this module I discuss cold calling, how I do it and some tips to keep in mind when making calls.
Some additional tools I'd recommend would be Skype and an application called PhoneBurner or using Black Maps mentioned later in this course.
In this video I show you how you can create a video showing a brief overview of the clients site and what they can do to improve as well as how you can help them improve.
Some key things you can use which are very easy:
- Talk about basic conversions, do they have an opt in form or make it easy to contact them?
- Use Moz Local to scan their business and check for incorrect citation listings
- Use Majestic.com and OpenSiteExplorer.com to talk about current backlink metrics and show how these can be improved.
- Show an example "Easy" search term they are not ranking for and explain that you would like to see them there. Ideally using keywords that would show up within the local "7 Pack" on Google.
Once you've done this send the client a cold email and follow up in a couple days with a phone call to see if they saw it and what they thought. Make the email personal and don't send something generic and boring, I explain this further when doing Freelance proposals.
How I found my first high paying client through a normal "Job"
In this video I show you how I use a site called Thumbtack to have leads sent to me without any work. They do come at a cost but well worth it if you can close a client!
In this video I show you how Craigslist can be a good source for SEO and web design work, you can also use a paid tool called Arbitrag Underdog which I briefly demo in this video for quickly searching Craigslist.
Yellowpages can be a really awesome source for finding leads, mostly because these businesses are already paying for services and most likely not getting the same results they could be getting from an optimized local 7 pack ranking!
I find a great potential lead in this video to give you an example.
The 'Real' Yellowpages Online
In this video I talk about how you can market your services through the mail by using a service called 3D Mail. This will allow your mail to stand out and be unique, most likely it's going to get opened!
Another idea I didn't mention in the video would be to include a small cheap USB drive (Try eBay) with a video showing a brief site analysis of the companies website. This will definitely help you stand out from the crowd!
In this video I talk about the "Rank & Rent" model. The idea is to rank an existing site and then "rent" it to the client with your rankings. I am not really fond of this model due to the complications of registering an existing business page and the "unknown" factor of your client wanting to use a completely different website.
In the next video I show you my preferred method which is using YouTube.
Ranking YouTube videos to market to your SEO leads
A great free and easy to use lead generation tool.
Maps Mentor Local Leads
In this video I show you another tool called Black Maps, it has a ton more features when compared to maps mentor local leads. If you really want to scrape data this is the tool for you.
Check it out here:
This is another tool that can be used for lead scraping. I have not personally used it but you can check out a great post and video review of it over on Nathan's blog for more information:
In this video I talk about another amazing tool that allows you to quickly search Craigslist, Elance, oDesk, Gumroad and Fiverr with ease. It sorts all the information in a column format and was originally intended for "arbitrage".
One example of use might be finding someone on Craigslist who needs a logo designed and is willing to pay $5, you can source this work on Fiverr for just $5 and be the middle man.
I personally use the tool for web design and SEO opportunities as it's much faster to use this tool to search Craigslist than using Craigslist itself.
Digital Marketing - Using Google AdWordsDan Grijzenhout
Easy to Advanced Data StructuresWilliam Fiset