Optimize your code with advanced tips and tricks to increase your Scala code's efficiency and become an expert with the most useful Scala recipes
Scala is a powerful multi-purpose programming language that is much appreciated for its simple object-oriented, functional style. Pattern matching is Scala's tremendous ability to deconstruct data in intuitive and readable ways, letting you write safely in a few lines of code what other languages can take tens of buggy lines to get across.This course is an easy-to-follow guide full of examples to help you, push your applications from good enough to great!
This comprehensive 3-in-1 course is an easy-to-follow guide full of examples to help you gain an in-depth understanding of Scala. Build classes that compose one or more traits for complete re-usability, or create new functionality by fusing them at instantiation. Save time and trouble by using Scala to build object-oriented, functional, Reactive, and concurrent applications. Harness the power of Scala for highly scalable and distributed, microservice- based applications.
About the Author
Antonio Salazar Cardozo
- Antonio Salazar Cardozo is a developer who has led small teams from his classes at Georgia Tech and through each company he has contributed to. He is a software pragmatist and perfectionist who values great software that is written for humans first, and loves to help teams find the development and interaction styles that make them deliver the best software to solve the problems they are solving. Between startups and larger companies, he has worked on most aspects of web and non-web systems, and loves to see how each piece of software is received and how it can improve. When he's not leaving honest, extensive code review, he's been known to travel and enjoys visiting both new and old places far from home.
- Prior programming experience of Java is assumed
- Basic knowledge of OOP concepts will be useful
- Master core language principles such as strings, classes, and types to write better Scala code
- Explore OOP concepts for Scala programming
- See how functional programming changes your Scala code
- Use concurrency to enhance your Scala coding with the Akka framework
- Work with databases in Scala
- Build micro services with Reactive programming
- Get better code feedback with Scala REPL
- Use Pattern matching to write safe code
- Create advanced functionalities in your code using patterns
- Learn to test your code using the spec2 library
- Incorporate Functional Programming in your code
- Tips and tricks to add more functionality in your programs
- Use operations to optimize your codeDebug
- Profile your code using useful Java libraries
- Incorporate Scala support in practical scenarios