Conflict management and crucial communications
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Why should you do this course?
How would your relationships evolve if you had the gift of feeling completely relaxed and comfortable when having difficult conversations with other people and making them feel respected and appreciated? Psychology and years of study in Communication have proven that this skill can be learnt!
How would your life change if you had this skill? What conversations would you start with? With who? This is an opportunity to change every area of your life: personal relationships, family, friends, colleagues, and anyone you interact with each day!
How does this course work?
This course will give you the chance to learn a simple 7 steps process that you can use for any difficult conversation, it will also give you chances to practice and give you real life examples.
Through this training, you will be preparing for a difficult discussion you want to have, and you will have the opportunity to put the concepts into practice in your own life.
All you have to do then is share your learnings and successes, and prepare for the next one!
What are the 7 steps?
- Preparing your problem statement
- Getting into the right state
- Presenting your problem statement
- Asking your critical question
- Listening to the other person
- Agreeing on next steps
- Closing the discussion
As you can see, this training is not just covering WHAT you need to say, it also covers the HOW: it will help you understand how you can get into the right State in order to deliver the conversations successfully.
WHO should do this training?
In my opinion this should be taught at high school, it is so crucial and so instrumental. Human being are all about connection, and yet so often we don't get to connect because even with the best intent in mind, we don't manage to deliver the right messages.
Do you have any other question?
Please let me know and I will be delighted to answer. I have made this training as an act of contribution, this is why the price is so low, I want this course to be affordable so that as many people as possible can benefit from it!
Who this course is for:
- ANYONE who wants to significantly improve their communication skills
- It would be preferable if you could think of a specific discussion you would like to have at some point in the future
- Apply a clear structure to deliver a difficult conversation
- Feel comfortable and assured when they need to have a difficult conversation
- Be certain to deliver difficult messages while making the other person feel respected and appreciated
- Practice their new skill of having difficult conversation
Remember: your problem statement is the most essential part of your preparation because it will give you the certainty of knowing what you are going to say.
- Describe the situation in a neutral way, avoiding judgements, just like a video camera would describe a scene
- Talk about how YOU felt and how YOU got impacted, and avoid at all costs to talk about the other person
This video will give you keys to prepare HOW you will deliver the conversation.
- Separate from your emotional state before having the discussion
- The other person is a human being, with weaknesses and feelings, just like you
Remember: when you properly prepare with the previous steps, delivering your problem statement is easy because you already know what to say and how to say it!
Remember: "my question to you is: what are you going to do about this?"
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, make sure you listen carefully to the other person.
You can use the 3 following techniques:
- dig deeper on generalisations like "all the time", "always", "every"
- ask for clarity where necessary with "what specifically?" or "what precisely?"
- ask open ended questions that will allow the other person the develop their ideas and thoughts
Remember: a good crucial conversation finishes with agreed actions
- who is doing what?
- by when?
- what exactly?
Remember: the shorter the better!
BONUS VIDEO - breaking up with your partner
BONUS VIDEO - separation discussion at work
BONUS VIDEO - discussion with your flatmate