This course gives students tools for effective, efficient studying. After taking this course, students will have an understanding of proven study skills, an understanding of why the skills work and how to apply them, and a new appreciation of their own ability and potential.
The course covers a wide range of essential topics, including academic rigor, time management, the library and other learning resources, collaborative learning, reading strategies, semantic feature analysis, critical writing, oral communication, and preparing and giving oral presentations.
Who is the target audience?
- This study skills course is for high school, college, and university students
- For success in this course, students need to be able to read and listen to English and be willing to apply what is taught
- Produce high quality academic work through the use of proven study skills
- Understand how to be a rigorous student
- Understand how to write an effective critique of an academic article
- Understand the elements of the oral communication process and how to use them effectively
- Understand the process of preparing and delivering an effective oral presentation
- Learn the semantic feature analysis technique
- Create a personalize time management schedule
- Identify learning resources appropriate for different assignments
- Learn a variety of reading strategies for use in different situations
- Understand how to use the Cornell Method of taking notes
- Make use of the various services of the library
- Write an effective summary-reaction paper
- Use empathic listening effectively
- Select a variety of graphic organizers for information analysis and display
- Understand collaborative learning and how it can be used effectively
2$ 12.99 $ 64.99