Course: Develop RESTful Java Web Services using JAX-RS and Jersey
Develop RESTful Java Web Services using JAX-RS and Jersey
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
JAX-RS the Java API for RESTful Web Services is a Java programming language API specification that provides support in creating web services according to the Representational State Transfer (REST) architectural pattern. JAX-RS uses annotations, introduced in Java SE 5, to simplify the development and deployment of web service clients and endpoints.
From version 1.1 on, JAX-RS is an official part of Java EE 6. A notable feature of being an official part of Java EE is that no configuration is necessary to start using JAX-RS. For non-Java EE 6 environments a small entry in the web.xml deployment descriptor is required.
This course will guide you through the steps in creating powerful RESETful web services using the Java official API.
Who this course is for:
- Java developers
- Basic knowledge of Java programming language
- Basic knowledge of web applications
- Setup a Java development environment using Java 8, Eclipse & Tomcat 9 on your computer
- Create a new maven project & add the necessary library dependencies for creating your first JAX-RS web service
- Code your web services to respond with different MIME types
- Handle errors
- Create web services that support CRUD operations
- Test your Java web services with the Postman Chrome extension
- Build and deploy web services