Build scalable and robust applications with Haskell
Haskell is a powerful and well-designed functional programming language designed to work with complex data. Its emphasis on "purity" makes it easier to create rock-solid applications which stay maintainable and error-free even as they grow in scale.
This video would begin with the fundamentals and building blocks of Haskell programming language with special emphasis on functional programming. It will be covering how Haskell variables, syntax work alongwith Haskell datatypes and functions.
You will learn how to solve programming problems while creating an application with hands-on experience. You will then move on to learning writing expressions and high-order functions.
At the end of the video, you will be able to build a complete application with Haskell alongwith learning the important functionalities.
About the Author
- Hakim Cassimally learned the basics of Lisp 15 years ago and has been interested in functional programming ever since. After Audrey Tang developed the first prototype of Perl6 in Haskell (Pugs), he got seriously interested in Haskell and has written, spoken, and evangelised about learning and writing Haskell since 2006.
- Even when developing in other functional languages such as XQuery or traditional scripting languages such as Perl or Python, lessons learned from Haskell inform his approach and prototypes—whether it’s training software for a start-up, just-in-time sequencing systems for a car manufacturer, or data imports for a national media corporation.
- His latest personal Haskell project is a Cryptic Crossword solver.
- No prior knowledge of Haskell is required
- Basics of Haskell datatypes and functions
- Using higher order functions for powerful data manipulation and code reuse
- Developing and build a Haskell app using a modern toolchain
- Writing and conducting tests
- Writing and deploy a simple web-application
- Saving and retrieving data from a database
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99