Embrace yourself to learn the art of creating applications and microservices with Akka
If you’re looking at building distributed, concurrent, fault-tolerant and scalable applications with ease, Akka is the go-to tool for it.
Akka written in Scala, helps you build distributed systems that provides outstanding performance on local machines as well as over remote networks.
Akka: Building Applications and Microservices with Akka is Packt’s Video Learning Path that is a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
This Learning Path delivers a clear and practical introduction to the Akka toolkit, explaining the key components you need to know to get up and running with developing applications of your own. You will learn about the actor system, how to create hierarchical structures in Akka, and how to make routes in order to send messages to other actors. We will look at other use cases such as building an actor that can change its behavior during runtime. You will then create stateful actors, work with a cluster system, and work with remote actors.
Then, this Learning Path will make you understand how to build Reactive microservices using Akka and Akka HTTP, which adhere to the principles underlying the Reactive Manifesto. You will delve deeper into concepts such as Responsive, Resilient, Elastic, and Message-Driven and will see how microservices should be designed to adhere to those principles. By the end of this Path, you’ll be well-versed in creating applications and microservices.
The goal of this course is to make you efficient at building applications and microservices with Akka.
This Learning Path is authored by some of the best in the field.
- Salma Khater is a senior software engineer with over 5 years of professional experience in development and deploying applications on the JVM using both functional and object-oriented paradigms including Scala and Java. She is specialized in designing and engineering real-time applications and distributed systems based on Akka and using frameworks and libraries like Play2, Spray.io, Thrift, Vertx, Django, Rails, and multiple SQL and NoSQL storage systems, for example MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL.
- Tomasz Lelek is a Software Engineer and Co-Founder of initLearn. He mostly does programming in Java and Scala. He dedicates his time and energy to being better at everything. He is now delving into Big Data Technologies. He is very passionate about everything associated with software development.
- Knowledge of Java and Scala
- Explore Akka's version of the actor model
- Find out how actors solve concurrency problems
- Build stateful actors with Akka Persistence
- Create microservices using Akka HTTP
- Write performance tests for your microservices
4$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99