About the Authors:
- Ben Fhala discovered his passion for data visualization six years ago while he was working at Parsons in New York, in their data visualization department, PIIM. He is the owner of the online video training school, 02geek.com, and an Adobe ACP. He enjoys spending most of his time learning and teaching and has a love for visual programming and visualization in general. Ben has had the honor of developing applications for members of the US Congress, Prime Ministers, and Presidents around the world. He has built many interactive experiences for companies such as Target, AT&T, Crayola, Marriott, Neutrogena, and Nokia. He has technically directed many award-winning projects and has been part of teams that have won three Agency of the Year awards.
- Mathieu Chauvinc is a Managing Director at Red Ape Solutions, where he aspires to keep the company at the bleeding edge of web technologies. On a daily basis, he leads the tech team of 15 and collaborates with them in building complex single page applications and neat hybrid mobile apps. He has been involved in web technologies for over a decade, from Django to Node.js and Go, SQL to NoSQL, Mootools to Angular 2, continuously trying to keep the right balance between the excitement of new frameworks and the stability of proven ones. He always has a special place in his heart for Python and Django.
- He holds a Master’s in Engineering from the German University Karlsruhe and a Master’s in Engineering from the French ENSAM (Paris). Despite an engineering background, he has always had a passion for knowledge sharing, which has followed him until today, and he regularly conducts corporate or free training sessions on various IT topics in his country of residence, Malaysia.
- Understand how to maintain code consistency by learning naming convention best practices
- Lay the groundwork for creating libraries by loading scripts dynamically
- Integrate Modernizr into your workflow to get rid of manual feature detection
- Create and manipulate DOM elements using Sizzle
- Make your library secure with the help of the advanced façade pattern
- Add a time manager to your library using the singleton design pattern