Build robust and high-performance server-side applications with Node.js
Node.js is a performance efficient server-side platform which makes writing backend code, simple and fun. According to a Stack Overflow Survey, frontend developers worldwide who know Node.js, make more than their counterparts with a median salary of $95,000 USD per year. So, if you’re a developer who wants to explore the practical side of building server-side applications, then go for this Learning Path.
Packt’s Video Learning Path is a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
The highlights of this Learning Path are:
- ● Create a server using Node.js and learn to incorporate routing into your application
- ● Work through a series of guidelines and best practices to efficiently design RESTful Web APIs with Node.js
- ● Create five highly scalable real-time applications with Node.js
To start off with your learning journey, you will begin with learning the basics of Node.js. You will then learn about RESTful API and build one. You will also learn to use Twitter’s API to implement a login flow and then design a web API. In addition to using Twitter’s API, you will learn two other real-world APIs - Facebook API and GitHub API. Next, you will learn to create, scale, and test a Node.js application. Moving ahead, you will be working with commander.js and Express.js. Finally, you will be working on five highly scalable real time applications with Node.js.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will be able to create your own server-side applications using Node.js.
Meet Your Expert:
We have the best works of the following esteemed authors to ensure that your learning journey is smooth:
- Saleh Hamadeh works as a full-stack software developer at Redfin, a startup that it is using technology to reinvent real-estate. Earlier in his career, Saleh worked at Yahoo! and BrainJocks. During his college years, Saleh served as president of gt-web dev, a Georgia Tech student organization that teaches web development. He is passionate about the future of the web and wants to continue to work and learn in this field.
- Joris Hermans is a senior software developer with more than 10 years of experience in programming for the web. He has worked for an online directory company creating web applications that hits traffic of more than a million page views a week. Currently, he works in the R&D department of a big automation company. He has a lot of experience in building large-scale web applications. He participates in a lot of discussions regarding the web and its specifications. He likes to follow new technological trends.
- Learn to create a server using Node.js and how to incorporate routing into your application
- Know what an API is and how it is used in client-server communication
- Understand the architectural constraints and properties that make an API RESTful
- Find out about the Facebook Graph API, and its structure, resources, and permissions
- Learn to work with streaming data
- Learn how to handle real-time messages
- Explore design patterns in Node.js
- Develop single page applications using Node.js with AngularJS, Ember.js, and Backbone.js
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99