Build and ship with the first version of AngularJS
Not everybody has the luxury of upgrading to Angular 2 right off the bat. This Learning Path takes you an accelerated journey through Angular 1 so that you can tackle whatever application you might need to maintain or improve without having to dive into a complete refactor.
About the Authors
- Mathieu Chauvinc is a Managing Director at Red Ape Solutions, where he aspires to keep the company at the bleeding edge of web technologies. On a daily basis, he leads the tech team of 15 and collaborates with them in building complex single page applications and neat hybrid mobile apps. He has been involved in web technologies for over a decade, from Django to Node.js and Go, SQL to NoSQL, Mootools to Angular 2, continuously trying to keep the right balance between the excitement of new frameworks and the stability of proven ones. He always has a special place in his heart for Python and Django.
- He holds a Master’s in Engineering from the German University Karlsruhe and a Master’s in Engineering from the French ENSAM (Paris). Despite an engineering background, he has always had a passion for knowledge sharing, which has followed him until today, and he regularly conducts corporate or free training sessions on various IT topics in his country of residence, Malaysia.
- Leon Revill has over three years of commercial AngularJS development experience and is currently working as a Mobile Architect building complex mobile platform applications using AngularJS and other modern web technologies. As an AngularJS mentor at Thinkful, he tutors students all around the world, taking them from AngularJS novices to ninjas in just a few months.
- Leon is also interested in writing free articles and tutorials covering a wide range of web development topics via his blog http://www.revillweb.com.
- Prior to this course, he developed a video course called Learning AngularJS Directives, also for Packt Publishing.
- Kick-start your application in minutes by scaffolding it entirely with Yeoman
- Build a dynamic page and render lists of items in one line of code
- Program Reactions on user-interactions such as clicks, selection change, blur, and more
- Easily validate data present in forms, from simple required fields to complex custom form validation
- Efficiently handle routing between different pages of an application
- Load data from external sources in the background by using AJAX calls with Angular
- Master the use of performing actions asynchronously by creating worker threads
- Explore the documentation for AngularJS and Bootstrap
- Navigate through the basic steps to get going with AngularJS and Bootstrap
- Use AngularJS and Bootstrap to validate and display feedback on forms
- Display multiple views without needing to refresh the page
- Implement AngularJS’ AJAX POST and GET functions to send and receive data
- Excel at one way and two way bindings to display and store data from the user
- Display repeating data dynamically
- Create filters to format data according to your expectations
- Utilize third-party modules to improve the look and feel of your application
- Build a richly-featured application with dynamic functionalities and a stunning UI
- Employ project scaffolding and use naming conventions in an optimal way
- Gain best practices to perform various tasks such as creating controllers to work with scopes and implement services
- Configure and implement routing to create content-specific URLs for your application
- Persist user data with local storage
- Understand how to write components using directives to build reusable features for your application
- Make use of various AngularUI Bootstrap features such as pagination, ratings, and auto-suggest to enhance the application
- Implement attractive web forms with validation to secure your AngularJS projects
- Solve common AngularJS issues such as two-way binding issues and slow-loading images
- Create a directive to replace ng-include and make code more efficient
- Implement isolate scope in the coding to build reusable directives
- Understand the difference between various scope bindings to make flexible directives
- Establish the communication between directives and the app by binding them with functions
- Discover and apply the concept of transclusion to make better directives
- Learn how to specifically use a directive as an element or attribute
- Explore and use the different functions available for directives
- Connect directives to create powerful sets which work together
- Test your code with Karma to automate the testing process
- Use JSHint to lint your code and adhere to best practices
- Explore Gulp to serve a BrowserSync server and compile your SASS files
- Leverage localStorage to add a basic form of persistence to your application
- Prepare the AngularJS code for minification
- Optimize CSS and JS assets for production
- Add monitoring tools to your application to track possible application errors
- Deploy the application to Heroku