Leverage the benefits and advantages of Selenium 3.0
Selenium 3.0 is a significant change as it has been shipped after a gap of 5 years. It is only a drop-in replacement for WebDriver API users; however, it has removed the major Selenium core implementation. The Selenium WebDriver API is fully object-oriented as opposed to the deprecated Selenium RC. The WebDriver API provides multi-language support and runs tests on all popular browsers. As your knowledge (and the size of your test suites) grows, performance becomes a key factor for development teams to successfully adopt your automation .
In this course, we'll focus on the most common performance bottlenecks and how to work round them through optimization and parallelization. We'll finish the course with the use of Selenium Grid and Sauce Labs for limitless parallelization and other goodies.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Optimizing-Selenium-Test-Performance
About the Author
- Dmitry Shyshkin is a lead QA automation engineer at FareCompare.com with 6 years' test automation experience using Selenium. He has worked in Waterfall and Agile environments, on desktop, web-based, and mobile projects.
- He started his QA career without any QA/testing knowledge. He took online Software QA classes where he learned about different types of testing. In his second job, he learned about test automation for the first time; he liked it more than manual testing and thus decided to move into test automation.
- Basic Knowledge of Selenium is required
- Create distributed user testing to perform multi-user tests
- Optimize test timings
- Learn to set up Selenium Grid
- Look into maintaining your grid
- Discover the advantages of parallel execution
- Explore the benefits of automated testing cloud
- Learn to set up tests on Sauce Labs or similar testing cloud providers
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
48$ 9.99 $ 49.99
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99