Want to learn how to create webpages, but feeling intimidated by HTML and CSS? Not sure where to start? Step-by-step HTML and CSS for Absolute Beginners is a comprehensive and friendly course designed for beginners with NO previous coding or programming experience.
- HTML (HyperText Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) are the building blocks of the web. If you've ever looked at a website, you've seen HTML and CSS in action!
Whether you want to make changes to your website's template, create new webpages from scratch, or just understand what you're doing when you cut-and-paste embed codes from sites like YouTube or SlideShare — understanding HTML and CSS makes it possible.
HOW IS THIS COURSE DIFFERENT?
My name is Kathleen, and I've been teaching technology to beginners under the moniker Robobunnyattack! since 2009. I believe that with the right approach, anyone can learn anything.
My goal in this course is to help you develop an intuitive understanding of how HTML and CSS work.
In this course, we'll create a simple "Coming Soon" webpage using valid HTML5 and CSS3 code. As we work together, I'll explain WHY the code we write looks the way it does. I'll point out the simple patterns in the code, so you can learn more quickly and with more confidence.
As we build our webpage, we'll cover:
- What tools you need to write HTML and CSS, and how to use them
- How to use HTML to organize and manage the content of your webpage
- How to use CSS to control the presentation or "look" of your webpage
- How web publishing works, and how to get your HTML and CSS files from your computer onto the web
- How to use lots of other helpful and free web building tools, including code validators, free icon libraries, color scheme generators and more
By the end of this course, you'll be able to use HTML and CSS with confidence, following best practices every step of the way
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with Internet access
- Any modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, or Safari)
- Some basic computer skills (cutting and pasting text, saving files into folders)
- A desire to learn!
- In this course, we'll create a simple "Coming Soon" webpage using valid HTML5 and CSS3 code
- We'll focus on WHY the code we write looks the way it does –– so you can develop an intuitive understanding of how HTML and CSS work
- By the end of this course, you'll be able to use HTML and CSS with confidence, following best practices every step of the way!