How to Write a Successful Research Paper
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Writing effective research papers is vital for academic success.
Whether you are writing a Master thesis, doctoral thesis, or manuscript for scientific publication, this course can help you to write a better paper in less time.
Learn what makes a research paper effective and follow the steps to your own groundbreaking research paper.
Discover the strategies by which experienced writers create high impact papers, save time using the templates and tools from this course, and learn how to make your writing flow even if you are not a native speaker.
What will you be able to DO after this course?
- UNDERSTAND the logic and structure of a research paper.
- IDENTIFY the qualities that make a research paper effective.
- STREAMLINE your writing process to achieve a better paper in less time.
- KNOW what to write in every part of every section.
- USE free software to create perfect citations in seconds.
- MASTER English expressions that experienced writers use to write clearly and concisely.
What TOOLS will you get?
- TEMPLATES for every part of your research paper.
- A link to FREE SOFTWARE to create perfectly formatted citations with ease.
- ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS for academic and scientific writing.
- CHECKLISTS to help you to apply the lessons of this course to your own research paper.
Simply put, this course will teach you which points matter in a research paper and how to excel at those points.
I have experienced first-hand what a difference the right writing training can make.
Writing research papers used to feel tedious and frustrating to me.
To be honest, I barely reached the passing grade for my first research paper.
Fortunately, I got great mentors who showed me the way.
First, my grades improved, then I won prices, and later my research got published in competitive journals.
To my surprise, writing started to feel easy and even fun.
In retrospect, the reason why I felt frustrated was simply that I did not know how to write.
I did not understand which points really matter in a research paper and wasted a lot of time without improving anything.
Now I can go straight to the points that matter and create a great paper without wasting time.
However, without my mentors, things may have turned out very differently.
I created this course so that it can do for you what my mentors did for me.
So what will this course teach you specifically?
- The two elements of an effective research paper.
- How to make your research compelling without overselling it.
- Two strategies to streamline your writing.
- How to prevent writer's block.
- How to create perfectly formatted citations in seconds.
- The three goals of the introduction section.
- How to conduct your literature search.
- How to get almost every research article for free.
- How to scan articles quickly.
- How to outline and write every part of your introduction section.
- How to outline and write every part of your methods section.
- How to outline and write every part of your results section.
- The two goals of the discussion section.
- How to outline and write every part of the discussion section.
- How to deal with limitations without lowering the impact of your research.
- How to deal with null-results.
- How to write a compelling abstract.
- How to construct an effective title.
- How to edit and polish your paper.
- How to make your writing flow even if you are not a native speaker (full disclosure: neither am I).
- You will also get samples, templates, and an overview of common English expressions for every part of your paper.
- In the end, you will get a checklist to help you to apply everything you have learned.
In short, you will learn specifically why, what, when, where, and how to write your entire research paper.
Let me add that I want you to be truly happy with this course.
I used to be in your shoes and I want to give you the best possible course to help you succeed.
So go ahead and give this course a test drive.
You can take the whole course, enjoy all of its benefits, and still get your money back if you are not satisfied.
After you click on the red button, the lectures will guide you through the writing process.
You will also receive lots of tools such as templates and checklists to make your work easier.
In addition, you can ask me questions anytime and will have my full support on every step of the way.
Who this course is for:
- Undergraduate students who are writing a research paper as Bachelor or Master thesis
- Graduate students who are writing a research paper for scientific publication
- Note: This course focuses primarily on empirical research papers
- There are no requirements, come as you are
- UNDERSTAND the logic and structure of a research paper
- IDENTIFY the qualities that make a research paper effective
- KNOW what to write in every part of every section
- STREAMLINE your writing process to achieve a better paper in less time
- USE free software to create perfect citations in seconds
- MASTER English expressions that experienced writers use to write clearly and concisely
A short hello and an overview of what you will learn.
Knowing what makes a research paper effective will help you to keep the overview and stay focused on the things that matter. Fortunately, there are only two elements that make a research paper effective.
Before you start writing, you can make your research significantly more compelling. Here is how.
How you write can mean the difference between spending hours just staring at your screen and getting your paper done in no time. Here are the two most important writing strategies to streamline your writing.
Most people do not understand the true purpose of the introduction section. In this lecture, you will learn about the purpose of the introduction section and how it works.
Finding relevant research articles is quite literally a "needle in the haystack" problem. In this lecture, I will show you how you can find the needles without wasting too much time.
Did you notice that some research papers require a payment before you can download them? I have never paid for a paper. Let me show you why you do not need to either.
There are a lot of research articles to consider so reading them all will keep you busy for a long time. Here is a way to scan research articles quickly.
There is absolutely no need to create your citations by hand or even to know what they ought to look like. Instead, you can hand this over to free software and watch your perfect citations appear in seconds.
Here is where you can get the free software.
Ok, you found the relevant articles. But how do you get an overview? Let me show you how I do it.
It's not a good idea to start writing text right away. You can save yourself from a lot of trouble and achieve a better paper by starting with an outline. In this lecture, I will show you how.
What is proper academic writing? Let me quickly give you the guidelines.
Ok, you have created an outline of your introduction. Now let me show you how you can easily turn it into text.
Let's Get you Equipped: A Sample, Template, and English Expressions
The first paragraph is extremely important because it is one of the first things your readers will see. Here is how to write it.
What's next? In this lecture, I will show you how to write the middle part of the introduction.
Here is how to write the final part of your introduction.
The Goal of the Method Section
Let's Get you Equipped: A Sample, Template, and English Expressions - Methods
How do you decide what sections your method section has? And How do you create an outline of the content? Let me tell you in this lecture.
Finally, it's time to turn your outline into text. Here is how.
What do you need to pay attention to in the results section?
Let's Get you Equipped: A Sample, Template, and English Expressions - Results
What sub-sections should your results section have? And how can you create an outline of the content? Here is how.
Finally, let's turn your outline into text. Here is how.
There are two goals you'll want to achieve in the discussion section. Here is what they are and how to achieve them.
Let's Get you Equipped: A Sample, Template, and English Expressions - Discussion
Here is how to structure and outline your discussion section.
Limitations are normal and nothing to worry about if you know how to deal with them. In this lecture, I will show you how you can deal with serious limitations before you even start writing.
How to write the beginning of your discussion section.
How to write about the implications of your research.
Limitations are normal and if dealt with correctly, they will not have to lower your impact. In fact, they may even help you. Let me show you how to write about them so that your readers stay enthusiastic about your research.
The "Summary and Conclusion" section is more than just a summary and a very important part of a research paper. Here is how to write it.
How to write the acknowledgements section.
There is absolutely no need to create your reference list by hand or even to know what it is ought to look like. Instead, you can hand this over to free software and watch your perfect list of references appear in seconds.
The first thing readers will do when they open your paper is read the abstract. Here is where you can win or lose a lot of readers. So how do you make your abstract effective?
Your title will determine whether researchers will open your paper or not. In fact, if your title is not keyword friendly, nobody will ever find your paper. So this lecture will show you how to create a strong title.
80% of great writing comes from great editing. Here, I will walk you through the most important steps in the editing phase.
Readers love papers that are both clear AND concise. But how do you achieve this? Actually, it's mainly about one simple trick...
The BIG picture of research paper writing in 4:28 minutes.
Here is an overview and a checklist to help you to apply everything you have learned in this course to your own paper.
A few concluding words
What do you do if your results show no significant effect? In this lecture, you will learn what problems you need to tackle when you have null-results and what strategies you can use to tackle each problem.
CompTIA Network+ Cert.; N10-006. The Total CourseMike Meyers, Total Seminars