Writing with Scrivener 3: Character Workshop #1
- Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
The Character Worksheets included in Scrivener's Novel Template are very basic and static--something that you could do in any Word Processing software; but with Scrivener's ability to break up into relevant chunks, reorganize, track, associate, and group into collections--character profile information can be so much more dynamic and useful.
The Writing with Scrivener series of courses takes advantage of Scrivener 3's Bookmarks, Keywords, Labels, Quick Reference Panels and much more. Keywords and Labels apply to all versions of Scrivener including Scrivener for Windows. Quick Reference Panels are available in Scrivener 2 and 3 and Bookmarks is a new feature in Scrivener 3.
THIS IS A WORKSHOP—Important to apply to a real project!
This isn’t a lecture course that you just watch through. To benefit the most from this Writing with Scrivener series, it is important to apply it to a current, real writing project as you follow along in the course. I would encourage you to do all of the assignments given in the course and submit them for review by your fellow classmates and me. If you have any questions, be sure to ask in the community forum.
Are you a Scrivener for Windows user and feeling left out?
If you have Scrivener for Windows, you may want to download the Scrivener 3 for Windows Beta version. It still has a few things missing and certain things aren't working exactly the way they will be, but everything you are learning in this course is available in the Beta version. Click on the link to go to the Scrivener 3 for Windows Beta Version download page.
TWO COMPUTER SCREENS
Having two computer screens to work with [with the Course Content on one screen and your Scrivener Project open on another screen] is the optimal set-up; and ALWAYS watch the videos in Full Screen.
Anyone can do one of the following:
- Use two separate computers
- Connect a second monitor to your computer
- Use a tablet for the course content, and your computer for the Scrivener Project
- Hook up a flat screen TV to your computer using an HDMI cord
However, if you are truly limited to one screen, put your Scrivener program on one side of the screen and the course content on the other side.
- Have Scrivener 3 for Mac installed (or Windows version when released). It can be the 30-day, free trial version
- SCRIVENER 3 for WINDOWS--Download the BETA VERSION [link included in class]
- Some experience with Scrivener of any version is helpful, but not required
- Apply Scrivener Features to Actual Writing Tasks
- Create a Character Profile Document Template to Reuse Over and Over Again
- Change and Customize Icons and Create Icon Groups
- Reference Character Information in Compose Mode
- Create Internal and External Bookmarks
- Create Document and Project Bookmarks
- Reference Character Information in Quick Reference Panels with Bookmarks
- Reference Character Information in the Inspector with Bookmarks
Set up the Templates Folder
Create the Document Template
Change or Customize Binder Icons
Use the Character Template
Create, Apply & Show Labels
Create, Apply & Show Keywords
Project Bookmarks in the Inspector
Using Quick Reference Panels
CompTIA Network+ Cert.; N10-006. The Total CourseMike Meyers, Total Seminars